Are you wondering how to connect android phone to non smart TV using USB cable? Connect an Android phone or tablet to a TV with an MHL/SlimPort cable (via Micro-USB) or Micro-HDMI cable if it’s supported, or cast your screen wirelessly with Miracast or Chromecast.
Android phones generally come with a USB cable meant for charging and file transfer. Over time, USB has become more and more versatile. Today, you can connect your phone to your TV.
Every TV has its configuration and port, so connecting an Android phone to the TV isn’t as simple as people think. There are different methods that we will discuss here that how to connect Android phone to non smart TV using USB cable.
What to Know
- Use an HDMI-to-USB adapter to add a USB port to your TV.
- Plug a cable into the phone and TV or use an adapter to connect the devices.
- Go to the Source button on the TV remote control or on-screen menu. Select USB.
How to Connect Android Phone to Non Smart TV using USB Cable
Using your phone as a signal source for your TV should feel familiar if you’ve ever hooked up a game console or streaming device.
Before you do anything, read the manual for your TV if it has one. It should provide a lot of helpful information about the port, its location, and how to use it.
Here’s how to connect android phone to non smart TV using USB cable.
Your Android phone and TV should be connected to the same wireless network. Launch the app on your Android phone and tap the Mirror button. Choose the name of your computer and hit “Start now” to start mirroring. Your Android phone is now connected to your TV.
How do I screen mirror with a USB cable?
When the security prompt appears, allow USB debugging.
- Connect the USB cable between the smartphone and PC.
- Connecting with Mobizen Mirroring and installing the Unified driver.
- Connect the PC and smartphone with the USB cable, launch Mobizen Mirroring, and log in to get connected.
- Allowing USB debugging.
Q: What If My TV Doesn’t See My Phone as a Source?
Ans: Some TVs will view anything connected via USB as an external drive, like a thumb drive, even if they have their own processors. If this is the case, you may also need an HDMI to USB adapter so that the TV will recognize the phone and both devices can work together.
Q: How do I connect my phone to my TV using USB?
Ans: To connect an Android phone or tablet to a TV, you can use an MHL/Slim Port (via Micro-USB) or Micro-HDMI cable if supported, or wirelessly cast your screen using Miracast or Chromecast.
Q: How to Connect Phone to Smart TV Without WIFI
- You can stream from your phone to your TV without WIFI. Use Google’s Chromecast. Set Up Mobile Hotspot: View Local Content with Third-Party Apps. Use Ethernet.
- How to Mirror Phone to the TV without WIFI. Use Chromecast. Connect with USB Port. Use Laptop.
- Wrap Up.